This post is also available in: فارسی (Persian)
Daily Outlook – 21 Sep 2020
By: Andria Pichidi
- Japan is off on Monday and Tuesday – low volumes
- 10-year Bund future is fractionally higher, Treasury futures are outperforming
- GER30 and UK100 futures are currently down -0.7% and -1.1%, Hang Seng dropped -1.4%
- ECB launches review of PEPP program, with extension looking likely
- HSBC Holdings Plc came under pressure, with shares falling to the lowest level since 1995, on fears it could be added to a Chinese list of firms deemed a threat to national security and following news it had been accused of allowing fraudulent activity to go unpunished, AFP reported.
- PBOC refrained from further stimulus
- President Donald Trump approved Oracle Corp.’s bid for the US operations of TikTok “in concept.” – And he banned n WeChat and TikTok application from the states.
- UK: resurgence in infections.
- New Zealand’s lockdown alert level reduced
EUR – steady to 1.1850 area – virus concerns. – PP at 1.1842
GBP – higher at 1.2955 on optimism over a deal. PP ay 1.2940 and R1 at 1.2970.
JPY – 6-day downtrend continues. At 2- month lows at 104.26 (S1). PP is at 104.55
CAD – tested 1.3200 but currently is at 1.3189 (mid of week’s range.
AUD – gained. Above 0.7300 handles.
Gold – sustains $1950 amid the dollar weakness, ahead of the Fed Chairman Jerome Powell’s speech.
Oil – dropped to $40.60, profit-taking despite the US storm-led production halt.
Cryptocurrencies’ traded modestly flat, with Bitcoin probing the $11K level.
TODAY: Chicago Index, FED’s Powell, Brainard, and Williams speech.
Biggest mover (AUDUSD + 0.31%) It regained above 0.7300 barriers after PM Morrison prediction of job bounce back and as Victoria state reopens. Overall remains choppy within the 0.7200-0.7400 area, while intraday retests Friday’s highs, but struggles to break R1 at 0.7320 for 5 hours in a row. Currently reversed slightly from day’s highs, while Fast Mas looks sideways suggesting a possible consolidation intraday. MACD is mixed, with the signal line at 0 and RSI fails of direction at 56. Stochastic posted a bearish cross below OB are1H ATR at 0.0012 and Daily ATR at 0.0065
Risk Warning: Trading-Leveraged Products such as Forex and Derivatives may not be suitable for all investors as they carry a high degree of risk to your capital. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved, taking into account your investment objectives and level of experience, before trading, and if necessary, seek independent advice.